I am so excited to be a part of URSA 2014 as a presenter. I will be presenting two different sessions during three different times, so if you are in the Southern Utah area, stop by today, tomorrow, or Friday for some great educational sessions about how to be a better educator with or without technology, although I prefer with whenever possible! If you aren't able to attend this great conference in person, feel free to attend digitally through the hashtag #URSA14. There will be lots of information to learn, so follow along and join in the learning process.
I will be presenting the following sessions and would love to see you there!
Wednesday, July 9th:
10:10am: 6 Technology Tools Every Teacher Should Be Using - Ed Building, Room 202
- Sched Info: http://sched.co/1hMIKof
- Slides (pdf) - http://bit.ly/1zoSTmm
- Handout - http://bit.ly/1xR8SIh
- Dropbox Video - http://bit.ly/15CoDmd
- LastPass Video - http://bit.ly/WKRVOY
- Whether you are a techie teacher or a techno-novice, there are a number of online tools available to help you increase your productivity and perfect your computer skills. This session will cover five main technology areas: storage solutions, password management, bookmarking, information gathering and information sharing. Each of the five areas include multiple options to help allow for both flexibility of choice and availability of assortment. The different areas contain multiple tools, including; online flash drives, applications to help you remember your different passwords, the ability to save your Internet bookmarks to multiple web browsers and computers, sharing your bookmarks with others, RSS feeds, blogs, wikis, Twitter, and URL shorteners. Each of the areas contain both free and paid versions of tools allowing everyone the opportunity to use the products regardless of funding and finances.
11:20am: 6 Technology Tools Every Teacher Should Be Using (repeat) - Ed Building, Room 202
- Sched Info: http://sched.co/1osoU96
- See above for a description
1:30pm: Promethean Starter Tips - Ed Building, Room 202
- Sched Info: http://sched.co/R0oAA7
- Handout - http://bit.ly/1oAZGCg
- Are you new to the Promethean interactive white board (IWB) system? Do you want to learn how to use it more effectively in your classroom? Are you interested in using a Student Response System (SRS) to assist you in teaching and assessments? If you answered yes to any of the previous questions, this class is for you. This class is designed to help with the basic skills in using and understanding your Promethean IWB system. We will also look at using the ActivExpression SRS "clickers" to assess your students in both summative and formative use cases. Learn where and how to find pre-made "flipcharts" and assessments as well as how to create your own. The Promethean IWB and SRS systems are incredibly useful and this class will help you gain a better understanding of how to make them work for you and your teaching.
If you do come out, please feel free to come and say Hi! I would love to meet you. Happy learning!